JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jill Weber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:29:15 -0400
Greetings Josses,

I have a quick botanical read to share with you: Oaxaca Journal, by
Oliver Sacks, National Geographic Directions, pub. It is an account of a
trip taken recently by the author with members of the American Fern
Society. The group is very Josselynesque, with members descending from
the bus and finding plants worthy of study in the parking lot, others
birding and others combing the turf around Aztec tombs for rare ferns
while on a "cultural tour". Most of you will likely know or know of some
of the trip participants, which makes the whole thing even more fun. Not
great literature, but a nice afternoon in the hammock.

It was good to see those of you whom I saw at Hebron!

Best,
Jill Weber