JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 12:02:39 -0500
From:
"Thomas F. Vining" <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
On 4/2/04 10:51 AM, "wanda garland" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I would like to recommend this book on lichen.  I 'met' this book at Eagle
> Hill Research Center last summer while taking a class on Lichen with Dr.
> David Richardson of St. Mary's University in Nova Scotia.  This is a large
> book, 800 pages.  Incredible photographs! Clear text, Excellent
> descriptions, current classification, etc. Hardbound:alk. paper.
>
>       Lichen of North America
>       by Irwin M. Brodo, Sylvia Duran Sharnoff, Stephen Sharnoff
>       Yale University Press, New Haven and London, 2001
>       ISBN 0-300-08249-5
>
> Wanda R. Garland

Wanda,

Thank you for the recommendation. I agree that it is a very good book. As
soon as it is available again, I will restock it. All I have left is my
display copy with a torn dust jacket.

Thanks,
Tom

Thomas F. Vining