ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:39:24 -0400
Double-secret probation ... that should do it!   :-(

Call me ignorant, but the current "work hard, be good, or face the
penalties" is as good as it gets if you believe in penalties.

I don't know that the people are different now, but it appears that the
process has changed (over many years).   Now, apparently, the media
report everything with vigor and the police and administration enforce
the law and rules.  I'm not saying this is necessarily better, as some
police and administrators in the past could make the "strong father
figure" really work and turn around a kid, where now, it appears, all is
public and there are no "free" second chances.

I'm not saying these people in the news should get a
get-out-jail-free-card ... more that an institution should have the
get-out-of-jail-free-card when they follow their rules and toughen their
rules.   Furthermore, I don't think anyone can say Blake James is not
doing his job because the President toughens the rules ... but I digress
from hockey. :-(

What will you do for Maine Hockey this season?

cheers, wayne