MEFIND-L Archives

MEFIND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Kathleen Daley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathleen Daley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:41:37 -0400
Some of us libraries are not on the Delivery Service, and we are finding that we cannot take advantage of offers from other libraries because of this.  No one seems willing to send thru mail service even when we offer to pay postage and all expenses.  Sometimes we have extra books to either sell or give away, but no one will take them because of the Delivery Service, and again we are willing to pay postage.

This is presenting a very serious problem for us that no one is taking seriously.  I'd like to suggest a little more understanding, compassion and cooperation on the part of libraries who do use the Delivery Service.  We may be the poor stepchild of the library world, but we are still a part of the family of Maine libraries.

Thank you for Listening,
Kathleen Daley
Thomaston Public Library