ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
The Chesleys <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2007 23:10:03 -0400
Hi Matt,

I'm not sure which picture that you think is mislabeled.  Does he have a
number 17 on his sweater?  If it is, it's Penner.  The pics with the
three guys where all three of them are holding up the Cup are Dustin
with his linemates Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry.  I'm really looking
forward to see how all of these guys develop as players, especially
Dustin and Ryan Getzlaf.  I thought that Dustin improved just during the
finals!   In that 5th game he had some great moments of stellar puck
control in the offensive zone.   Anybody else notice how flat his stick
is?  And I noticed some other pretty flat sticks too.  I'm wondering if
more players are finding that less curve is better for them. (?)   It
does make it easier to shoot an accurate backhand I think.

I would have given the MVP to Giguere.  I thought that he had the
greatest impact of any single player on the outcome of all of the games
that the Ducks won in the playoffs.

Clair