ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2007 19:26:49 -0500
Indeed.

I saw this game (on CSTV).  One announcer thought (1) it clearly went in
and (2) went off a BC leg, not kicked.  The other announcer seemed to
think it probably did not go in.

I was with the other announcer.  Though not conclusive, replays (Hansen
had no replay) showed the BC player leg probably touched it, but the
puck bounced along the goal line and probably never went it.

I'd say it the replay showed conclusively there was no high stick or kick.

Hansen may have got it right, but IMHO for the wrong reasons.

York may be wrong about "the goal judge is strictly there to tell the
referee if the puck goes over the red line" ... the book says "The
referee may ask the goal judge how the puck entered the goal cage."

Interesting play.  Hansen was fine (except, perhaps, for not seeing the
play).

cheers, wayne