ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 19:47:34 -0800
Maine falls 3-0 to Providence tonight.  Providence is now 6-15-1 on the
year.  Wow.

Maine is shutout for second consecutive game.

Maine is outshot 44-28.

Maine is now just 7-6-1 in Hockey East.

Are we going to blame the officiating for this loss too? (Only 3
penalties for 6 minutes tonight)  Perhaps Tim Whitehead decided to blow
up at the Schnieder Arena facilities manager tonight after the game
instead?  Or maybe the scoreboard operator? Or maybe after Bertagna
smacked him around he just did nothing (including coaching apparently?)

I know there are many here who don't like the "Red Sox" mentality of
putting too much stock in one game or small parts of the season, but
things are looking pretty bad right now.  I could get on board with BU
being a bad weekend, but to have THIS kind of effort from Maine on the
heels of last weekend (shutout and badly outshot by a terrible team)
sends a clear message that right now the SS MAINE HOCKEY SEASON is
taking on water.

Maybe we should reinstate Sill and Czuba since we haven't won since
they were mysteriously suspended and subsequently left school.  It
can't be as ugly as this -- can it?

-Deron