ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:37:07 -0800
So, the media should not report the arrest of collegiate athletes on a
nationally recognized, high-profile program? Excuse me? What policy is
this? Raise your hand if you believe in censorship. Unbelievable. While
I'm sure a lot of people would just love this incident to be swept neatly
and quietly under the rug, it just can't - nor should it be. The police
made arrests. Charges were filed. People are going to court to answer to
assault charges. This is serious stuff. These are also facts that the
public has a right to know. The public deserves to know. And the media has
a responsibility to find and report the truth. Granted, some outlets take
this responsibility more serious than others. However, slamming the media
for how it can distort the truth is one thing. But to say the media has no
right to report on this incident is completely and utterly absurd.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs