JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Gale Flagg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 21:51:03 -0400
Hi, All.  On June 6, while doing ham radio duty for the senior class canoe trip (They paddle down from ST. John to the park in Fort Kent on the St. John River), I spied a ledge far below one look out spot. Of course, I had to go investigate! Well rewarded with a wonderful colony of Primula mistassinica. I counted 165 flowering stalks, with 1-5 flowers on each, mostly 3 or 4. They were all pink.   (pink in There was another group of 10, and a lone one.
     Also Rhodora in full bloom in the ST. John Bog.

      Gale Flagg P.S. Tried to send along a photo of this beautiful big group of flowers, but the JBS rejects such attachments.