JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Ginny Remeika <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:44:39 -0500
For any others who, like me, were unable to find the JBS web site:  I
have learned that it is only open to members (which is not true for this
listserve - I hope).  If one is for any reason unable to be a member,
one cannot obtain the password.

Many thanks to Keith for explaining this to me, as I had spent some time
trying to find the site.

As for suggestions about expanding the JBS membership and outreach, my
own personal experience (strictly as an outsider) is that JBS has many
wonderful members (and an occasional excellent program open to the
public) but for various reasons the organization as a whole does not
seem particularly interested in encouraging new members.  I should be
clear that since I do not meet the requirements for membership (I am
somewhat disabled and not nearly knowledgeable enough) others'
experience may be quite different.

Cheers,
Ginny
Buckfield