JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Thomas F. Vining" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 06:02:46 -0500
Dear Natural Historians,

The Delta Institute of Natural History (in Bowdoin, Maine) is a center for
instruction in, as its name indicates, natural history topics. Initially,
course offerings focus on plant identification, but the plan is to expand
into subjects such as amphibians and reptiles, mammals, and fungi to name a
few. Courses generally run from 1-3 days, are usually on Fridays, Saturdays,
and/or Sundays, and cost between $50 and $150 to make them accessible to as
many persons as possible. In addition to its own courses, the Institute is
offering courses in cooperation with the New England Wild Flower Society
(NEWFS). A schedule of the latter is expected to be released in a few weeks.
Courses presented independently by the Delta Institute (posted at
http://www.vfthomas.com/deltahome.htm) are:

Salix (willow) identification - instructor George Argus - 11-13 June 2004
Carex - instructor Tony Reznicek - 3 July 2004
Isoetes - instructor Carl Taylor - 20-21 August 2004 (possibly 21-22 August)
Dryopteris and Hybrids - instructor James Montgomery - 27-28 August 2004

I plan to send an e-mail every month or two to update you on news about the
Delta Institute, its course offerings, herbarium, library, etc. If you
prefer not to receive this e-mail, please let me know, and I will remove
your name for this list.

Thanks,
Tom

Thomas F. Vining