JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Theresa Kerchner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:38:02 -0800
RIck.. we have had  some success with cover and smother. Best material from our own experience is old sheet metal roofing, especially if the PI is a sunny area. The heat will eventually ( two years or so) bake the plants and knock back the root system so you can grub out the remaining roots.

We covered the sheet metal with mulch hay  in areas where it was near our flower garden so it didn't look so tacky,

 Theresa