From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:04:55 -0400
That was not in the FROZEN FOUR!  It was the regionals at Mariucci.
The Maine PEP BAND is one of the best in the country, but due to
funding and the fact that the NC$$ does not give money in regionals for
bands they did not have a band that year at Mariucci, I think 2005!

Of course if Maine were in the NC$$  womens hoops tourney the nice
folks at the NC$$ pick up the tab.  Don't get me started on this as I
have a daughter in the pep band and have been apprised of how much $
they have to raise to go to a regional.  If however a team makes the
frozen four the NC$$ does kick in some dough.

Bob Fitta
On Mar 18, 2007, at 7:56 PM, Bob Woodbury wrote:

> That's correct.
>
> Indy Rutks wrote:
>
>> Hampton, Nathan E. wrote:
>>
>>> Someone else would remember the details better than me, but a couple
>>> of years ago in a regional or maybe a frozen four in the twin cities,
>>> didn't a distant school end up "renting" a high school band to play
>>> for their fans?
>>

>> Wasn't it Maine? I think they recruited the Blaine, MN high school
>> band to play for them at a Frozen Four in St. Paul.
>>
>> -Indy

Bob Fitta
Director of Advertising
Harvard Magazine