From:
Craig Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:13:14 -0400
Mike Abegg wrote:

>  Frankly, the pairing exercise is much more interesting if DU makes it,
> you have to figure out how to get them at home and not "screw" some highly
> ranked school.

 From what I can see, if Denver makes it (by my recollection, this
requires SLU to fall on their face and MTU and Wisconsin to do as little
as possible at the Final Five, probably UW winning the play-in and then
losing out), and New Hampshire holds onto their #1 seed, the committee
will have a problem on their hands.  As the #2 overall seed, Notre Dame
should get a date with the Atlantic Hockey entrant.  But, the other
three top seeds are New Hampshire (mutually exclusive) and two WCHA
teams, and with only four WCHA teams in the tournament none should meet
in the first round.

Because (as a Notre Dame grad student and hockey fan) I'd rather not see
Notre Dame playing Denver, in Denver, I'm hoping that either Denver
doesn't make it, or Clarkson is the fourth #1 seed.