From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:27:05 -0500
Well......  One (pretty minor) caveat here.  Its just a wee tad broader
than below.  Unless I am misunderstanding something (not the first time)
the automatic bid from all 6 conferences doesn't go to the conference
winner, it goes to the post-season conference tourney winner.  Hence,
even though you began this "if the season ended today" you still have to
account for a dark horse making a run.  Wisconsin had a dreadful season
for a National Champ, but miracles on ice do happen and they could still
wind up with the automatic WCHA bid.  Not holding my breath, though.
:-)

Tom Rowe