From:
"J. Michael Neal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 22:12:46 -0600
Karen Shadwick wrote:
> <raises hand>
>
> That would be me. :) I was downtown the other week for a Microsoft
> event and looked nearby the rink for something really close for
> between games, and the only thing is the Sheraton hotel, where Bernie
> Federko's sports bar
> and grill is located. From what I have read online, their private area
> only
> holds 30 people and reviewers have not been all that impressed with
> their food. With the game times being at 3pm and 7pm, there has also
> been a suggestion to have a lunch before the first game to give us
> more time to eat. There are a few places within 1/2 - 3/4 mile away
> from Scottrade Center that offer private party options. According to
> the event schedule, there is a pep rally at Union Station (a few
> blocks away from the rink) at noon on Thursday, so it might be busier
> with people over there.
>
> Would people prefer to do lunch on Thursday before Game 1? Dinner
> before the championship game on Saturday? With the game times so close
> together, I would just be afraid of not having enough time to eat,
> especially if the first game goes to overtime.
Definitely a dinner before the championship game.  We aren't flying into
town until that morning, and will be using that time to check into our
hotel and get to the game.  Given Northwest's propensity for being late,
it'd be reckless to commit to anything lengthy before the first game.

J. Michael Neal