JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Nancy B. Shipman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2011 21:51:10 -0400
Hi Gale!

This just came to me, and it sounds like a nice picnic, but I am sure it
was meant for someone else!

All is well here.  Still nursing the miserable back, but that seems like a
long-term project. Am scheduled to have some spinal injections in
September. In the meantime, Asha has engaged me to teach her and a group of
her friends how to make relish later this week, so we are rounding up all
the big old cucumbers we can find.  You can see what an exciting summer we
are having!

Keep well!  Write when you get a chance!

Love,

Nancy

At 08:33 PM 8/9/2011 -0400, you wrote:
>HI, DAve, Well, I sent the message to Sandra, and put the other names on
blind copy.
>   Sorry Linda is having such a hard time.  My arm is prettygood now, but
when I had Physical therapy on a knee that injured trying to keep from
hurting my arm soon
>after the break , the physical therapist discovered that my right foot is
a drop foot. I had to have an orthotic brace, and I can not walk normally.
I too am a bit unsteady on my feet.
>Look forward to seeing you both. Will Linda's mother come, too?
> 73,    Gale, N1FG

I plan to attend. Linda said she would bring fried chicken and a cake for
desert.

>  Hope your arm has been healing well.  Linda goes down to Portland for
surgery on a sarcoma tumor on her left leg on Sept 7.  She went through 25
radiation treatments.  This cancer is not related to the breast cancer
(carcinoma) she had treated and surgery for last year..  She is a bit weak
and unsteady on her feeet but plans to come anyway

>  73
>  Dave  KB1EBE

---

permitting! Cross Lake Picnic Area   11:00AM

>  You and your family are invited.
>
>  I have not heard from you whether you are coming or not.
>
>    Pot Luck.  On the menu so far: Hot dogs, tuna salad, pasta salad,
tomatoes and cucumbers, and maybe stuffed squash.

-------------------------------
>        This email message, including any associated files, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s)
>        and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, or
subject to copyright, trade secret
>        or other protection. This message also may contain information
protected by state and federal privacy
>        laws that are enforced through serious civil and criminal
sanctions. Any unauthorized review, use,
>        disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not an
intended recipient of this message,
>        please notify the sender immediately by replying to this e-mail,
and delete the original and all