JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Rick Speer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 10:13:01 -0400
I am passing along this request which JBS has received from MaineShare:

############

MaineShare is seeking hiking leaders for its annual Fundraising Hike and
Bike at Bradbury Mountain State Park, Saturday September 15th.
(Information on the event and MaineShare below, or at our web site
www.maineshare.org)

Two hikes are offered, a 3K and 8K, both on trails in Bradbury Mountain
State Park in Pownal.  MaineShare needs a hike leader for both the 3K and
8K; two people who can point out a few interesting items, (both flora and
fauna if possible) for participants in our annual fundraiser.
This request comes late, and close to the date of the event because our
scheduled hike leaders both had to drop out at the last minute.  Thanks for
considering lending your talents.  Free T-shirt (organic cotton) and
delicious picnic lunch for hike leaders!
Please contact ASAP:
Hildie Lipson
MaineShare
622-0105
[log in to unmask] (work)
[log in to unmask] (home).

MaineShare's 10th Annual fundraising Hike & Bike for Maine's Future
September 15, 2001
Bradbury Mountain State Park
Pownal, Maine
$50 minimum pledge -- includes T-shirt, hikes, rides, and a gourmet lunch!
Free T-shirt with registration, raffle items from Patagonia and more!

Day Includes -
3K Nature Hike (2 miles)
8K Nature Hike (5 miles)
13K Mountain Bike Ride  (8 miles)
25K Ride (15 miles)
50K Ride  (301miles)
100K Ride (62 miles)

This annual event benefits MaineShare in efforts working with 31 statewide
non-profit organizations preventing and solving human and environmental
problems in Maine.  MaineShare is  an organization that offers workplace,
payroll giving for the ease and simplicity of donating to your favorite
organization in Maine.  Since 1989, MaineShare has offered choice in
workplace, payroll giving to over 50,000 employees in over 100 workplaces,
and has distributed over $850,000 to member organizations in Maine.

Check out our web site to see the 31 organizations that belong to MaineShare
and for more details on the event, today!

MaineShare, www.maineshare.org.

To order a hard copy of the brochure and pledge form call Hildie at 622-0105
or print it directly from our web site.

See you at the Mountain!!!

Rick Speer              [log in to unmask]
Lewiston Public Library
200 Lisbon Street
Lewiston ME 04240
(207) 784-0135, ext.208