ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:40:30 -0800
Other stats of interest:

Maine had an eye-popping two shots on net in the second period, according
to box posted on uscho.com. That's right, two. The Bears entered the
period trailing just 1-0. How you manage just two shots on net in a period
of a game you have to have is beyond me. I'd love to hear from someone who
was there how this happened. Was it just incredible play by PC or
lackluster play by Maine? Or is the truth somewhere in the middle? How can
you come out, trailing by a goal, in your own building, after getting
swept on the road in two tough games, and get two shots on net in a
period? Maybe the box score is wrong, but if it isn't that is brutal.
Absolutely brutal.

Maine was whistled for 11 penalties, which is a smidge high, although PC
had 9. By comparison, Maine had 15 total penalties called against it last
weekend in BU ... The last time Maine reached double-digits in penalties
came on Dec. 10, when it was whistled for 13 infractions against the NU
Huskies.

Maine has now lost 3 consecutive games for the first time this season.

While there is plenty of hockey left to be played, the chances of making
the NCAA Tournament are fading and fading fast.