ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:39:09 -0700
Nice to see a little discussion spark...  gimme a break we are 5-1
there isn't much else to complain about!  ;-)

Quoting Nonni in all cases..
=====
> DT, I suppose Lundin's play in the third period against UNH last year
> when he was thrown into it (Howard groin pull) with a Maine 3-2 lead
> and came out of it with a 6-2 win was "instinctual"?
=====

Exactly what I am referring to.  He was composed, poised and did a
great job there.

======
> kid rode the pine behind Maine's media darling goalie for an entire
======

Nonni... that zing -- "media darling" -- is coming awfully close to
saying something trending to the negative about a Maine player.  Are
you starting to come over to the dark (my) side?  ;-)

This isn't the first time someone on this list has had less than great
things to say about Jimmy Howard.  What am I missing here?  The guy put
up some terrific numbers during his time here.

======
> year after having been named the top goalie in Minnesota high school
> hockey (which most definitely is not chump change!)  Then, he spent
> this past summer preparing to play junior hockey in the USHL while
> the Will He? Won't He? Jimmy Howard game went on into perpetuity and
> only came back here with three days to spare before school opened.
======

School opened in September, I'd like to think by the end of October
he's adjusted.  C'mon, he's not a freshman either.  I am sure it was
hard on the kid not knowing exactly where you are going, but how long
will that excuse hold water?  It wasn't his first game of the year and
he's not a rookie.  I expected more, especially based on the small
sample size from last year (see above UNH reference).  That's all I'm
saying.

I could also throw in that I had hoped that Billy Ryan might pass the
puck more too.  :-)

=======
> Give both of them time and we have
> the distinct possibility of having another Maine tandem that scares
> the pants off the opponents.
=======

I agree.

=======
> Take a deep breath -- all of you -- and
> keep repeating: "It's only October ... it's only October ... it's
> only October"!! :-D
=======

I believe it was Jack Parker who said there were no big games in
October. :-)

-Deron