ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Shawnee Kuzdzal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 09:56:20 -0500
CHEERS!!!
I know this is a late reply, but I've had this burning issue, and I'll
share it now!
I like the job the ushers do.
I went to a game not to long ago, and only then found out that I
wouldn't get a tickett next to the persont that I went with, in fact he
was on the other side of the balcony completely.... in complience with
the ushers, he went to his section, and I tried to get a seat in
mine....
When I got to the row... there were alreaady more people sitting in it
than belonged in it.  My seat was near the end and DEFINITLY taken.
I am not a pushy person, and there was just no way I was going to be
able to ask some screaming person to leave his/her seat so I could sit
amongst a bunch of strangers who were all mad at me because I kicked
their friend out of a seat, and they now had to sit next to me.
This is NOT a way to encourage new fans.  In fact, due to not being
able to find a clearly empty seat, and being to intimidated to kick
someone out of MY seat, and not wanting to do the same to another fan,
I left the game.
One fan lost for men's hockey, maybe I'll try the women's games, I
think both the fans and the players will appreciate my attendence there.

SO... don't dish on the ushers.... I wish there were more of them.

Shawnee Kuzdzal