JBS-L Archives

- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine

JBS-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
- JBS-L - Josselyn Botanical Society discussion list of the University of Maine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:24:44 -0400
7bit
From:
Susan Hayward <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,
Greetings Friends,
About 15 years ago I was given a collection of original watercolor
paintings of Maine flora.  About 50 in all.  I know almost nothing about
the artist, however, and hope to learn more.  All I know is that:
   1.  the paintings were done in the mid 1970's
   2.  the artist lived in Peabody Ma in the winter and Harpswell, ME in
the summer
   3.   the artists signature - a sort of stylized "N" or "R"  with a
"C" under it is on most of the paintings and one is signed:  E. Hurd.

Any light you can shed, or idea, or referral to another source would be
greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
susan Hayward