ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Pat Leathers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:00:19 -0500
Hello all,
  Most of you probably know about the year-end banquet held each year for
the men's ice hockey team.  It is held the Friday night before graduation
(this year May 6th at Jeff's Catering in Brewer), and it is a major
fundraiser put on by The Friends of Maine Hockey.

    It's a fun event where seniors are honored, the team awards are
presented and a good time is had by all.  Information will be forthcoming on
the website, in the newsletter and in the mail.

  There are three ways we raise money.  We make money on ticket sales, there
is an auction of senior jerseys - and there is a silent auction.  This is
where we need help.

  If anyone out there has items that they think would be appealing to Maine
hockey fans, and you're willing to donate them, please let me know. For
example - a signed puck is a great idea - and we would love to have it to
auction -but items don't necessarily have to be hockey related.   So if
you've got a gift certificate to a restaurant - or tickets to a Red Sox game
- we'd love to have them too.

  If there are alumni reading this list - and you have items from your Maine
days - or beyond - that you'd like to donate, please contact me.  As you
know, Maine fans are loyal to "their team" well beyond the days you skate at
the Alfond, so anything you can donate would be appreciated by the fans and
I'm confident would raise money for the program.

  You can reach me through this discussion list, or my direct e-mail address
is:  [log in to unmask]

Thanks for your help.  Pat Leathers, Treasurer, Friends of Maine Hockey