ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:10:31 -0500
It's true that teams generally want the 5pm slot, presumably because it
gives the most recovery time for the Championship game the next day, but
now the decision of who plays when is made solely by the HEA
Commissioner. His decision is generally made to maximize fans in the
stands (revenue). I suspect he's put the BU/UNH game at 8pm to get a
huge crowd, as both teams draw well. BC doesn't draw as well. Maybe he
thinks Maine fans will travel no matter the time? Maybe giving Maine
fans travel time was secondary to filling the place for the 8pm game? I
don't know.

cheers, wayne