ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:49:09 -0500
Good Morning All,

Maine is in Providence for two this weekend while we all are still
trying to figure out if they'll make the NCAA tourney.  They still
control their own destiny, and I believe that if they win 4 of their
last 6 then win the quarter-finals and get to the Fleet that they
should make it.  But making it to the finals should secure it!

Maine has so many passionate fans, 5,600 fill the arena and many of us
that live south of the border travel to all the away games that Maine
plays in New England.  However, I have heard that despite all this
passion, an organization that I have been a member of for almost 20
years, the Friends of Maine Hockey, has only a couple of hundred
members.

I'd like to know from members of this list the following:

Are you a member?

If so what do you enjoy, Newsletter? Banquet? and what would you like
to see more of?

If you are not a member why not?

Is it cost? did not know about it? or something else?

This is an independent survey as I am not on the board of FoMH, but I
do occasionally write for the newsletter, and was surprised to learn
how small a circle we are for such a passionate group.

I would like to share the feedback, and if you have an issue that you
would rather not share with everyone you can email me privately at this
email or [log in to unmask]  I'd like to help raise the membership
level and along with that the financial support for Maine Hockey!

Now let's hope the boys make some noise down the stretch, beginning in
Providence tonight!  Hope to see many of your tomorrow night at the
game!

Bob Fitta '83