From:
Indy Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 01:07:32 -0600
Doug Peterson wrote:
> Mentioning Hockey-L in the subject was as close as I could get to come obligatory hockey content.  I'm getting a ton of virus e-mails right now (OK maybe 50 to 100.)  The reason why I am mentioning it hear is that I think it is someone who is or was subscribed to Hockey-L.  Each e-mail is coming from someone else so it is likely forged.  I have noticed several Hockey-L poster addresses so it would someone who has me and them in their e-mail address book, presumably someone else on Hockey-L.  It would also suggest others of you are receiving virus e-mails, if they are not being blocked by your provider.
>
> I looked at the headers of a number of the e-mails.  They all included the same IP address: 66.231.112.111  This goes back to a range owned by Polar Communications (polarcomm.com, polarcomm.net) in Park River, North Dakota.
>
> So who has the infected PC?  Dare I say it is a Fighting Souix fan?  (not intending to be too provocative...)

I've been getting a lot of infected e-mails over the last couple of days
too. Just got the latest one from some address in NoDak.

The messages have all come with some kind of attachment, with text
similar to "Here's the PDF file I forgot to send you earlier" or
something like that.

My anti-virus program says "The email attachment zip.doc.zl9 is infected
with the W32.Bagz.E@mm virus".

-Indy