EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Hiroko Uno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 22:32:28 +0900
Dear Poundians,

I have to send you a sad news:

Prof. Akiko Miyake, the author of "Ezra Pound and the Mysteries of Love"
passed away of coronary artery disease related to diabetes at a hotel in
London on September 17.  I suppose she was 72 years old.  I heard that this
summer she had enjoyed studying at Cambridge University and intended to stay
in London for shopping for a few days.

The funeral service took place in the suburb of London and her body was
cremated on September 27.  Her ashes will return to Japan tomorrow.  There
will be another funeral service in Kobe soon.

With sincere condolences,
Hiroko Uno