ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Lindsay A Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 20:57:51 -0500
Just got back from attending the Maine - UNH game.  As Vicki so eloquently
put it..."WOW" doesn't even begin to describe my feelings.  It was
definitely the most exciting hockey game I've been to, college or pro, for
a couple of years (probably the most exciting since the Maine - Michigan
game in Providence back in 1995).

I was on the edge of my seat for the entire third period, hoping that the
clock would speed up JUST a bit so the Black Bears could preserve the
victory.  I got so nervous and kept grabbing on to my companion's leg -- I
think he's JUST started to get back the feeling in it!!

The early goal by Maine really took UNH out of their game plan.  They were
missing passes and just seemed to be one step behind the entire game.  We
sat in front of some UNH fans who said that Maine totally outplayed the
Wildcats.  Maine really played their hearts out, and more important -- they
played well the entire game.  Alfie was incredible.

The UNH crowd was also quieted -- they sat on their hands for most of the
game.  The Maine fans, on the other hand, were far from quiet.  Whenever
someone shouted "U-N-H" (seems they can't spell "New Hampshire"), we would
shout "Let's Go Maine".

M - A - I - N - E --  GOOOOOOOOOO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still the greatest program (and the greatest fans) in the nation!!

Lindsay A Huntoon
(very hoarse after today's game).