ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"D. B. Doucette" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:44:55 -0400
Bill Kipouras in today's Salem (MA) News reports "Peabody's Paul Lynch has
withdrawn from the UMass hockey program and signed with the Tampa Bay
Lightning affiliate in the East Coast Hockey League"

Double checking on USCHO boards, I found a posting that:
"According to Matt Vautour of the Hampshire Gazette, UMass released a
statement that Lynch, a redshirt junior forward, has been dismissed from the
hockey team for an undisclosed violation of team rules. Lynch, who sat out
last year after transferring from Maine, had appeared in two games this season.

UMass hockey coach Toot Cahoon declined comment."

http://www.johnstownchiefs.com/pres...0october/28.htm

Odd the difference between the two papers "withdrawn" vs. "dismissed".
'Tis a shame that he had a falling out with Maine staff that led to the
UMass transfer.

This is a kid who showed us glimpses of some promise, although I might be a
little biased in that he is also from Peabody, my home town.  More insights
available should you track me down tonight at Merrimack.

Additional Maine content, of course, Lynches Stanley Cup-winning parent club
is coached by our own Torts.   Perhaps in a future Lightning training camp
stint, Lynch might be re-acquainted with the Maine way of doing things on
the ice.

Dan - see our usual big crowd in North Andover tonight