ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 05:56:26 EDT
My understanding of this situation, discussed at last night's FMH meeting, was
that the study group which made recommendations to the Athletic Department
regarding ticket priceing and policies, found that the AVERAGE number of
student tickets used was around 750 per game.  AVERAGE.  The department's main
goal is to fill ALL the seats, so the 750(+/-) empty student seats were seen
as an opportunity to get the general public into the Alfond.  The President
wants to encourage the students to get back into the habit of supporting all
the teams, and apparently the student allotment for the first football game
was insufficient for the demand, sooooo the Department is trying this 4 game
trial run to see if the students, with the new way of getting the tickets into
their hands, will respond by FILLING those 1500 seats.  After the first four
games, the ticket folks will have a better handle on the demand, and will
adjust as they all see fit.  The good news, from my angle, is that this is
very responsive to both the students and the general public.  The
Administration is doing a much better job at service to both.

I sure hope the students come, take over and are LOUD!

Orono to Anaheim!
Cathy Hart
Proud Volunteer for the Finest College Hockey Program in the Nation