ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 15:37:44 EDT
In a message dated 10/20/98 12:26:58 PM, Wayne wrote:

>Is this gonna be a great season or what?!

IT SURE IS!!!  This students in the balcony with the band idea is one the team
enthusiasticly endorsed (In fact, in one conversation I was in both Mr.
Stewart & Mr. Walsh were arguing about which one of them came up with the
idea!), and will add that "7th player" we used to have here, when the Alfond
pulsed as the team took the ice, or as the band played the Stein song, and
ROCKED when the team scored.  Wayne rightly gives credit to the Athletic
Administration, but there was also a group of folks from different backgrounds
which studied this and came up with many of the solutions you are all
applauding today.

A strong student presence will enliven the rest of the crowd, and maybe I
won't get as many cold stares as I yell in support of the team!  Jeff's son
will probably LOVE the noise, as long as he expects it, and maybe we can get
both the boys, (Jeff's & Wayne's), as they dance, captured in a photo for the
newsletter!

Orono to Anaheim!

Cathy Hart
Proud Volunteer for the Finest College Hockey Program in the Nation!