ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:47:23 -0800
It's going to take a pretty impressive run for this team to get into the
tournament. The stature of the program works in its favor, but .500 hockey
the rest of the way simply won't get it done. It's certainly doable, but
the Black Bears find themselves in relatively unfamiliar territory
concerning the NCAAs as the calendar quietly flips to 2005: The outside
looking in.

If there isn't a sense of urgency with this team to start winning - and a
10-8-3 mark suggests there isn't - now is a pretty good time to start
playing that way. It's easy to say this team can just fight through this,
but the clock is ticking in what is already shaping up to be a pretty
disapointing/frustrating season.