ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jon Eggert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:00:27 -0400
 First, I don't see Murphy getting benched. the guy has a heart the size of
a truck. He's doing all he can do. He isn't a sniper, he's a grinder and his
effort from my vantage point is second to none.
 I would like to see Mush use his size more, but it hasn't happened yet and
I don't expect it will.
Levielle will not get a hat trick at Merrimack, rumor has it he seperated a
shoulder on saturday night. Normally I'd take an injury in stride but if
true losing Levielle will really hurt this team. It does give someone else
a chance to step up. Hopefully someone will.

As far as leadership goes. Tim was on the radio yesterday saying that the
team normally has a meeting at 11 am following a game. Mush had the team
there at 10.30 for his own meeting. Not sure what happened but I believe Tim
was impressed with what was said before the team was supposed to officially
meet.

 Lastly, this a young team. I was amazed at how often I looked out on the
ice only to see freshman and sophomores(besides Jimmmy). Theres going to be
some growing pains. I'll get nervous if I see the same things going on in
January. I believe going on the road will be good for  the "us vs. them"
attitude they need to learn.

 Jon