ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:54:19 -0400
from the Portland paper - good news and bad

"In the Portland area, the [Friday] game will be on Time Warner's digital
channel 467. The game will be called by Mike Emrick, the first Maine
Mariners radio announcer and a longtime NHL broadcaster. Mike Eruzione, the
Boston University standout who played for the 1980 Miracle on Ice Olympic
team, will be doing color."

The article said both games were on CSTV, but I think that is incorrect.

Emrick is a good second choice to Gary Thorne for p-b-p but Eruzione...eeek.
 Please, someone, issue Emrick a cattle prod so that he can stick America's
Guest every time he brings up his alma mater during the broadcast.  CSTV
made a great choice during the lockout for their lead guy, but Eruzione is
just insufferable.  Is Bob Norton in the room ?

Nice to have Blair Marsh coming back to the booth on the radio side.

Who is the WABI TV broadcast crew this year ?

I just hope Ch. 5 remembers to pick up coverage of the WHOLE game instead of
missing the beginning of each period as they did in the initial telecast
last year.  Will have the radio on in the background, for two reasons (1) in
case the TV misses any of the game and (2) should I end up longing for Dan
Hanigan and "three in the booth".