ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:19:18 -0400
Nice Start to the season for our Black Bears, and a great test this
weekend in North Dakota.

I am curious if anyone saw the piece on USHR titled Standbrook stands
alone.  Since I no longer subscribe if someone could convey the details
of the article I am sure we would all appreciate it.  Since for many of
us our motto each year with the incoming freshman is "in Grant we
trust", it's always nice to see him get a little ink.

Already this year the freshman that none of the self proclaimed hockey
experts said a word about our key contributors in Keenan Hopson and Tim
Maxwell.  And right now while every many other teams have most of their
2006 and some of the 2007 recruits committed Grant continues is steady
pace of finding the best players for Maine.  Can't wait to get my first
look at the team later this month.  Wish I had CSTV so I could see the
action this Friday night.  Might just have to bribe someone at a local
saloon in Southern NH to put it on for us.  Good thing is the Sox play
an afternoon game so the bars won't be as crowded.

It's hockey time again!!!!

Bob Fitta
Maine '83