ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:10:56 -0400
Blast, that was supposed to be a private message. :-(

Sorry ... wish I had some hockey content for this thread, but I don't.
How about ...

October is Hockey month at the Alfond in Orono.  UMaine will play 3
weekends of Fri/Sat home games October 8/9, 15/16 and 22/23 with
opponents North Dakota, Niagara and St. Lawrence.  The home opener on
the 8th will start at 8pm, with all other October games at 7pm.

Bits and bytes:

* Friday 8 Oct against North Dakota will be aired live nationally on CSTV.

* Saturday 9 Oct against North Dakota will feature the retirement
celebration of the Shawn Walsh shamrock.

* North Dakota, ranked #1 last year, will unexpectedly be without 2 of
college hockey's best players. Zach Parise signed with the NJ Devils at
the end of last season.  Fellow 2004 Hobey Baker Award finalist Brandon
Bochenski this week announced he has signed with the Ottawa Senators and
will not return to school.

* Niagara won the CHA tournament last season before falling to BC in the
NorthEast NCAA regional, 5-2.

* St. Lawrence University has, perhaps, the toughest of early season
non-conference schedules.  After failing to make the ECAC tournament
last season, they will play St. Cloud, Ohio State, Michigan State and
Michigan before coming to the Alfond.

Call me a greedy fan, but I miss "Midnight Madness" and the "Blue White
Game".  What would you like to see Maine Hockey give back to the fans
(besides another top-10 season)?

cheers, wayne