ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:03:32 -0400
Gee, do you think Ohio State, might be in trouble with the NC$$.  Maybe
be banned from tv or prevented from playing in the Big Ten tourney,
maybe they'll even lose scholarships and be put on probation!

On second thought I'll bet just one of those things happen, if two I'll
be shocked.  Can't have a revenue generator in major conference be
penalized it would not be fair to all the other teams in the
conference.

I guarantee they don't suffer from as harsh a penalty as we did.  Aw
yes, the NC$$, what a disgrace!

Having read this the program should be shut down for a year, and this
crap is going on everywhere in college hoops!

JMHO

Bob Fitta '83
On Jun 10, 2004, at 11:41 AM, Dan Doucette wrote:

> what a mess in Columbus...read the article
>
> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/basketball/ncaa/06/09/
> osu.allegations/?cnn=yes
>
> Would the recent decision concerning Coach O'Brien's continued
> employment in
> the squeakball department at The Ohio State University have been any
> different had his workplace not been slated to act as host of the next
> (now
> the  high-profile and high-profit) NC$$ Men's Hockey Championship,
> which
> draws the official entourage from the Home Office in Indianapolis ?
>
> File under:  will the punishment match this crime, in the halls of
> justice
> NC$$-version  ?

Bob Fitta
Director of Advertising