ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Alexis Wollstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:32:17 -0500
> The point is that most of us out here can not afford season tickets.  I
only
> know one.  He even took me to a game once.
>
> The fact is that a lot less people are going to the games.  I only know
one
> person and he has a season ticket and he goes to every game.  A lot of
> different people used to sit in his seat.  None of my friends go to any
> games anymore.  They can't afford season tickets either or they live too
far
> away from Orono.

I don't think season tickets are unreasonably priced--at $294 per seat,
that's $6 per week. For me, I am willing to plan ahead and budget for that.

As for those who live too far away from Orono, the administration is doing a
great job in bringing the game to as many folks as possible through
television, radio and internet.

> Wouldn't it be reasonable to see a hundred or so tickets on the Monday
> before every game if you could sell them all and give more people access?
> What's wrong with that idea?

How are you going to guarantee that you will sell them all? Especially for
games against "lesser" teams like Sacred Heart and Alabama-Huntsville?

Without that guarantee or even with it for that matter, why should the
university take those 100 tickets away from people who are willing to pay
for the entire season?

~Lexy~