ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 14:00:17 EDT
>almost all fo them... thanks...
>you need to acquaint yourselves with your audience... just because the people o
> this list follow Maine and bow to thier every move,... and assume that
> everything Maine does cannot be criticized does not mean that we re not well
> rounded, educated hockey fans...

For those less rounded than I am (quiet!), NHL stands for Northern
Hockey League.  I think it's like the East Coast Hockey League, but has
more Canadians, or is it Canadiens?

It's for old duffers that can't skate anymore.  Take a look at it
sometime and you'll notice that when a team gets the puck, the forwards
will rush up ice for about 10 yards (excuse me, meters) and stop, so as
to not get out of breath or trip over the center red line.  The players
are also dirty.  Dirty.  They always have 2 day's growth of beard.  Bet
they smell bad, too.  College hockey players don't have all that money,
so have to take a shower before partying all night.

The best part of the NHL is that they don't wear a full-face cage, at
least until they get their jaw broken (broken teeth and nose are OK), so
they sometimes can make a pass to a teammate ...  something you rarely
see in college hockey.

The NHL also has longer fights than college hockey, but I think they are
choreographed by Vince MacMahan.

Maine never seems to schedule a game with NHL teams, which I think is
too bad.  Would be a nice diversion from the MAAC, and maybe teach the
boys some humility.  If the NHL goons cheat too much, we could borrow
some of Coach Cosy's linemen to get even.

And you thought some Maine fans weren't know it alls!?

cheers, wayne