ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jeff and Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2004 18:37:24 -0400
for what it's worth........Barrett Heisten was one of my favorite Maine players, (and 10 times the player Chris was).  I vividly remember him picking up a puck in the d zone, and flying by EVERYONE on the ice at bu one year to go in for a shot.  The speed and skill was so tremendous, I can't remember if he even scored.  I enjoyed his play making etc, but I thought he made a big mistake leaving.  I think some of these kids may want to live out their dream, yes, but could use another year or two developing a product instead of a chance.  Buffalo wanted nothing to do with him, so he went to Seattle (Thunderbirds), then NY Rangers, where we all know no matter how good you may be, you'll sit behind the "payroll"players.

The QMJHL (and all major junior) is a different brand than D1, obviously, and it's hard to say which is a better road.  Good luck to Dustin, too bad he decided to fly the coop, but only these kids know what they want to do, and though we all have differing opinions of what might be "right", we have to respect their decisions.