ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Woodbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 22:08:53 -0400
Maine loses to Denver 1-0. Bob Norton had it right. Denver out-Mained
Maine. Great defensive effort by the Pioneers.

Jimmy had no chance on the goal. It was a great pass to the goal scorer
that made the play.

The "no goal" in the first period really hurt. That's the rule, but I
thought it had been changed if it had no effect on the play. Or was that
the NHL.

As hard as it is for me to say it, Denver earned the win.

We had a great season and I'm very proud of this team. They did not
overachieve. They played very hard and they earned what they got with
hard work. That work ethic got them into a game only two teams had the
honor of playing in.

Thanks for a great season, guys. We're proud of what you accomplished.