ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 23:52:57 -0400
Bob Nichols wrote, in part:

>... It was even hard to jeer Bill Demianiuk's son who played for BC this
>year.  (Now that makes me feel old)

(I think it was Amherst) ... I really liked the way (Dad) Bill worked
hard on the ice ... and he *really* became my favorite player when one
day, at a Special Olympics meet in the fieldhouse, he shows up in full
clown regalia and encouraged and entertained the kids for as long as the
meet lasted!

Funny how people can have favorites.  I took a quick liking to Ray
Jacques' play.  During an intermission early in his 1st year, I begain
chatting with this stranger about how well Ray saw plays develop.  He
gave me a funny look. While I was explaining how hockey was new to me,
he let on that he was Ray's dad.  We stood together and watched Ray for
four wonderful years, though his senior year, under new coach Shawn
Walsh, was not without some turmoil.  Ray Jacques remembers his time at
Maine and returns sometimes and has made significant donations as well,
as I recall.

Offseason cheers, wayne