ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Doug Libbey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 09:30:27 -0700
I don't think that last 2:00 minutes of play can be
considered a ref trying to give the game to Maine.  He
was calling calls that needed to be made.  Just like
the call that disallowed the goal for Maine.  If they
want to nitpick there they have to nitpick elsewhere.
The Denver player closed his hand on the puck and
committed just as legit a violation as Hamilton for
Maine.  And the hooking call was also just as legit.
The blade of the stick grabbed Jackson (I believe it
was him) and twisted him right around yanking him away
from the puck that he was going for.  Both calls were
just as nessessary as the call that took away the
Maine goal.  If folks want to say rules are rules then
it needs to go all the way around.  Or don't call
those two penalties and give Maine their goal.  That's
going to sound obsurd, but I don't really think so.