ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Chesley, Clair" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:26:42 -0400
Team of Destiny?  I don't know...

This is the team of amazing goalies!

Maine was badly outplayed last night as the shots on goal show.
I've even stopped biting my nails.  I figure that when they play like they
did last night they don't really deserve to win, so if they loose they
loose.  That's not to say that when they scored my neighbor who lives a half
mile a way couldn't hear me.  Don't get me wrong, getting the win was
fabulous!  I'm really excited about tomorrow night!  I would really like to
see them skate for three periods like they did against Harvard in the 3rd
period and like they did against UMass in the second and third overtimes!
If they do that there won't be any need to have any nails to bite anyway.
 Of course, I've seem Maine badly outplay the other team and loose too.
That happens in hockey especially when there's a hot goalie involved.  And
sometimes you don't get the bounces and sometimes there are fluke goals.
Anyway,  Howard was more than hot, he was truly amazing, and playing like an
NHL goalie.  I just hope that the Red Wings weren't watching, they might
want him before we want to let him go.  I guess that's a true statement,
since we will probably never "want" him to go!

Also, a friend who saw the Denver/UMD game said that the UMD goalie let in
goals that were pretty soft and didn't seem to play with very good position.
Those Denver boys might find it a bit harder to get any by Howard!

Anyway, I'm predicting a Maine dominated game and minimal nail biting.

GO BLUE!!!!!