ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 12:54:53 -0500
Here is a copy of the letter my wife wrote for the team to read on their
bus ride to Boston:

You guys got this.  There is no question that you are a more talented team
than BC and every team in the Country.  Every single player on your team
contributes.  Maine has not earned the respect that they deserve.  All
this talk about UNH and BC and now calling us the underdogs!  We are the
underdogs in the eyes of the public, so take that label on, and remember
that "Maine does not accept ties or loses" (Walsh 93).  There is no way in
hell that we are not going to walk away with the trophy and the respect we
are due. I went to every home game this season and was at the Fleet center
when you won Hockey East.  It confirmed that it was your year to win the
Frozen Four.  The come back from Harvard was incredible and showed me that
if you put some extra flavor on every single shot you take, more of them
are going to get in the net!  Thank you for the hard playing and effort to
win Hockey East this year, that was the best time I had all year.  Michel,
your passing kicks ass. Don't feel like you can't trust your shots-they
are on fire.  You have so much talent.  You are a winner.  Murphy, I
called that you would get a goal at the Hockey East tourney.  You have
been stepping up big, skating fast and really frustrating the opponents by
where you are placing yourself.  The last weeks of the season it seemed
like you had a hit out on you, and you proved how tough a player you are.
Nice hit on your brother last week too.  Damon and Jankus, you two have
been great to watch this year.  You both have amazing energy on the ice
and have really stood out as big time players for Maine.  Lost my voice
yelling your name many times this year.  Its easy to trust that you will
play big and make things happen.  Damon, I think you will get some points
against BC.  Jankus, I like your face off ability and your tasmanian devil
playing style.  Hammy, goes without saying, you have been a rock and to
think that you are a freshman. We believe in you to get the job done.  You
are a blast to watch!  Johnson, good job stepping up, you are already a
leader.  Luciano, Greyeyes, and Soares wow!  All of you guys have played a
big role on getting us to the place we are now.  I can't wait to see you
play more next year because you are ass kicking players!  You have been
noticed by the fans and everyone has been wanting to see more of you.
Thanks for helping us get as many wins as we did this year. Wight(ee),
Dustin and Mushaluk, you guys are animals out there on the ice.  Dustin
you seemed so focus and determined to win and have been such a big time
player for us.  Mush, keep on hitting and kicking some ass out there by
finishing each and every hit! You guys have the size and the role model
ability to motivate the team, so use that ability to the fullest.  Use
your size and strength to establish a physical presence.  Deschamps, we
know you can kick some ass, you grew up in Poughkeepsie, NY,  and you seem
to have a unique style of defending.  You take some fan stress away,
because you are easy to trust in big time situations.  You have had big
games against BC.  Prestin, you know how important you are to the team.
You are not a dirty player, you are a winner, you are an aggressive and
passionate player.  You are a beautiful skater too, the way you move on
the ice is incredible. Love your slappers and power behind your shots.
Moore you are a monster out there, if you give it everything you have got,
you are going to control the game.  You are a olympian, therefore you have
to win.  Lundin, Zab, Barnes, Mullin, Shep, Hart, Lyall- the team is so
deeply layered in talent and I think that is what makes a team so
confident and able to make great things happen.  You are truly a champion
team.  Lundin you are a play maker, love your reach and smart vision of
the ice.  Barnes play your toughest and intimidate those Eaves boys, your
skills will burn them!  Ray Jean, you are a big part of the team and the
fans support you completely!  Your high school stats still speak of your
incredible talent.  Frank and Jimmy, you are simply the best.  Jimmy, you
mad man- I hope you got your hockey play station game.  Thanks Frank and
Jimmy for the entertainment all seaon long.  Jackson and Colin, when you
set the tempo the team matches your intensity.  Jackson, love your puck
handling around the net and your ability to speed away from your
defenders.  You are one of the fastest puck handlers out there.  Colin,
Maine can always count on you getting points for the team and being an
incredible leader as well. Ronan, give it to her, South Boston in the
house, I know you will be doing BIG things out there, you always play huge
in big games. I wish the whole team all the luck and support in the world.
Black Bear Hockey winning is comparable to the Red Sox and The Patriots
winning.  You give fans the feeling that they can only get from playing a
sport themselves, and not be possible for most of us, you give us a
feeling that we can't give ourselves.  How do you thank somebody for that?
Keeping up with school, life, and a demanding athletic schedule is a hard
things to do- and because of all you do, we get the adrenaline high and
pride of being a winner.  You can win the Frozen Four, you are clearly
number one in the Country and we just need to put that in writing now. Go
for it guys, play as hard as you can, always play like you need one more
goal to win, don't be afraid to hit clean and hard.  Love your guts big
blue and thanks for giving me something to look forward to all winter
long.  The wait in the student line, freezing my ass off, was 100% worth
it.  You guys rock and represent Maine.  Thank you Canada, for being such
a big part of our program.  I wish a Canadian flag hung up at our rink
next to the USA flag.( We need to hang a Scottish flag this year too!)
Good luck. YOU GOT THIS.  Coaching staff rocks and deserve this win.  The
fans deserve this win.  The state of Maine deserves this win.  Most of
all, the team deserves this win!!