ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 08:59:29 -0500
It might be a good idea to briefly sketch in some description of the club,
it's purpose and history, plus it's plans for the future.  Can we get Brad
Williams to do that?  Tammy Light suggested, at the beginning of last season,
that the FMH ask the president of the BLC to be an ex-officio member of the
board, and Brad was a terrific addition when he could make it.

My point being: not many people know the Blue Line Club.  To many, they are a
non entity because not much has been publicized in the outer world about this
group.  With the Athletic Department facing a humongous budget deficit, add
to that the costs of funding Women's ice hockey (which are much more than
publicized), I am gratified that they received as much money as they did.  I
know from listening to the Administration that student participation is a
real issue for them.  I think the readers, in order to discuss this in an
informed manner, should be as informed as we can get them, don't you???

Cathy Hart