ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Becky Colannino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:55:39 -0500
The Maine Hockey Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Deron Treadwell wrote:
><<It is very wrong that there are no tickets being made available to the other
>(non UNH) schools at the Manchester Regional.
>
>There should have been enough tickets set aside for each of the schools that
>will be selected to the Northeast Regional.>>
>

>Do we know for sure that the Manchester Regional DID NOT set aside allotments for participating schools?
>
>I suspect that they did, but that Maine's allotment (should they be assigned to Manchester) was snapped up by donors and season ticket holders. I believe that Maine's policy is to make tickets available to donors (Black Bear Fund) and season ticket
>holders before the public even gets a shot.
>
>Forms are sent to members of those groups, asking how many tickets to which regionals folks want. If total requests for tickets is 1500 and our participating school allotment is only 1000, there are 500 people who don't get those tickets. The
>decision on who gets those ticket is made by starting with the largest donors and going down from there.
>
>~Lexy~

HMM?  We are season ticket holders -4 tickets- but never received an order form for tickets to the Regionals or Frozen 4 .  Perhaps only big time donors were offered the opportunity to buy tickets.  As a UMaine graduate and hockey fan since
the1980's (when my Old Town High School band  and many other high schools used to play for UM hockey games since no one else would), I am wicked disappointment about no tickets in NH.  Hope the Frozen 4 isn't the same deal.  Would love to hear the
scoop from the athletic office.

Keep us plain old regular fans posted!