ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Woodbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:45:13 -0500
I don't disagree with this at all. If I were pouring ten grand or more
into a program, I damn well better be getting tickets - IF I WANTED THEM.

I understand, if you are a UMO grad, and asking "What about all the
money I spent to go there," and empathize with that. I think that's
something that needs to be addressed.

My gripe has been the unavailability of walk-up tickets during the
regular season. I work shift work nights and only have a three-week
notice on what nights I will be working. I also have other
responsibilities, so I may get only one or two days notice of being able
to go to a game.

Three times, a few years ago, I made the trip from Winslow to Orono,
only to listen to the game on the car radio on the way back home.

I believe that situation has been somewhat remedied under Nero and
appreciate that. I also appreciate, very much, the people who donate
large sums in a financially challenged state to keep this program alive,
and begrudge them absolutely nothing when it comes to playoff tickets.
Without them, we'd be looking for tickets for the championship game  at
Middlebury or Norwich.