ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:53:29 -0800
> According to the BDN, I'd post a link if their site didn't suck so
> much.

Ouch.  :-)

Woody is right though, the guy who does run the site does the best with
what he has available.

> Matt Lundin(Mikes Brother) verballed to UMaine so now we have a back
> up
> goalie for next year. He sounds like quite a pickup for Maine.
> Awarded as
> the best senior goalie in Minnesota high school hockey.

Very impressive.  Now Maine can be like UMass and have a position
player and a goalie brother tandem.  The only bummer is now we'll have
to look at the funny names on the back of the jersey.. "Mi Lundin" and
"Ma Lundin".  Here's voting that we just put "Lundin" on the back of
both their jerseys!  We'll be able to tell them apart, especially since
one plays goalie!!

> Billy Ryan has also verballed. The brother of NUs Mike Ryan, this is
> also
> quite a catch.  He was down to BU and Maine but wants Maine. He said
> it
> would be tough not playing for a beanpot school but that he would
> rather
> play for a Nat'l championship than a Beanpot. Nice dig on BU:)

Got to love a kid who trashes on BU on his way in.  Now, if he would
have only taken a shot at UNH.

Also got to love that Bill Stewart scooped Larry Mahoney.  :-)

-Deron