ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Beth Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:45:27 -0500
Just to add something about Prestin that I haven't seen written here
yet.  This guy really impressed me at the Fleet Center this past weekend
and I admit I was one of those along with Deron and others who was not
impressed with him to begin with.  First of all, I've watched him at
Boston-area games all season and while he does take penalties, he seems
to really have gained a lot more control over his emotions on the ice
and he is a powerhouse hitter.  But what impressed me a lot was that
after the game was over on Saturday night (Sunday morning!) and after
the team had received the Lamoriello Trophy, they began to bunch up for
pictures.  It was Prestin who alone turn all the guys around so that the
fans would be behind the team in the pictures you see.  I know its maybe
cheesy or silly, but I think it says a lot about how this guys
thinks.....There were a lot of fans that sat through a lot of hockey
that night and cheered so loud and he wanted to make sure they were in
the picture along with the team.  Maybe giving him that 'A' really did
spark that leadership inside him that was there all along.  I'm not
surprised even a little that his jersey went for such a high amount -
he's a great player and its awfully hard to dislike a guy who plays hard
and recognizes the importance of the fans.

Just my two cents....